Sunday 10 January 2010

4000 Word Essays and Keats Watching

The last couple of days have been pretty busy (a poor explanation for me not having blogged). The return to uni is looming so there has been a bit of rushing around in an attempt to get things ready and packed - I always mean to be organised, but it never works out.

This headless chicken act does not mean neglect of my positive 'yes' moments. I ate a cup cake today, a lemon flavoured cup cake. I rarely eat cake, so this was a bit of a change. It was rather nice, and probably would have been even lovelier had I not just stuffed myself full with two beef burgers (without bread buns - I can't eat that much) and a load of potatoes. I also continued with my tea drinking (with a very small amount of sugar). After my younger brother had made me a cup he tried to catch me out by asking if I'd like to write his 4000 word chemistry project. I said 'yes', of course. In reality, it is not humanly possible, for several reasons: firstly, I will be in a different part of the country; secondly, I remember zilch about chemistry (other than that it was the science I most liked at school, despite having a complete pillock of a teacher); thirdly, - I can't think of a third reason. But I think the first two are valid.

One of the most brilliant things I've done this weekend was going to the cinema with my parents to watch 'Bright Star'. Okay, so it's perhaps not the lightest and brightest film to watch (considering Keats died young in real life I don't think a happy ending was possible), but it is one of those films which makes you realise the greatness of life. It does it in several ways: through the life of Keats himself, Keats's poetry, and the actual sights and sounds throughout the film. It is what I would call a feast for the senses - beautiful butterflies, bluebells, light through windows, the voices of the actors... and so on and so forth. It really is worth watching (if you weep at sad films, have a whole pack of tissues at the ready). But I won't ramble on too much about the film now.

This coming week will be my first back at uni for my second term of my final year. In amongst the mass of work which is already building up, I hope there will be some interesting/exciting opportunities... For now I will revel in my tea drinking.

Much love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment