Sunday 17 January 2010

Terribly Tedious Tidbits - All about me!

As a way of revealing a little more about myself to you other lovely bloggers and readers out there, I thought I would provide a few amusing, possibly interesting, facts about myself. When I started thinking about it, I realised that there are none. That's right, none - none that are remotely amusing. This, you might understand, is why I am on a mission to say 'yes' to more things.

So, here you have a few unamusing, uninteresting tidbits about myself (Warning: you may be positively bored by the end of this):

I...
  1. was introduced to Yes Man on Christmas Day 2009 (check out www.dannywallace.com)
  2. fell in love (not literally) with Toby Stephens the day I saw him play Hamlet with the RSC - I subsequently went to see it another three times (here he is as Edward Rochester - BBC's Jane Eyre)
  3. love rice - it is my staple diet at university, occasionally I'll make something different
  4. want to hurl at the smell of sea food - this is no fault of the sea food itself, just my unaccommodating senses and stomach
  5. love Winnie the Pooh - marvellous old bear; he's very much a 'yes' character too!
  6. cannot resist Spooks - that is the programme, not the real things. Who does not want to watch a programme with Matthew Macfadyen, Rupert Penry-Jones and Richard Armitage? (Well, I'm sure not everyone)
  7. support Rafael Nadal - I just need to see him live
  8. love Spain and and things Spain related - the language, paella (more rice!) and dance are all fantastic
  9. have never been drunk - I seem to have avoided it so far (I don't mind being tipsy though)
  10. love split leaps - this might sound strange, but they're one of my favourite things to do in dance
  11. have a soft spot for Gossip Girl - it really is a guilty pleasure with my conscience always saying 'you really shouldn't be watching this'
  12. share the name of a Beatles song, a Thomas Hardy novel, and Mr. Law - but clearly I'm female
  13. love panda bears - I am still unable to fathom where this love came from
  14. once listened to The Texas Chainsaw Masacre - I couldn't bear watching it!
  15. like trees - it's not as weird as it sounds, honestly! I love watching them in places like the Lake District or Yorkshire or Stratford, and taking photos of them
  16. like empire line dresses - bring them back please!
  17. am fascinated by mythology and legend - the stories are so damn exciting
  18. love quoting Shakespeare - at times a little too randomly
  19. would love to dance the Argentine Tango in Argentina
  20. think Star Wars is awesome! - I want a Yoda!
So there you go. You all know a little more about me. I'm not sure that's a good thing though!

Much love
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, found your blog on SITS. I really like the idea of your blog! Saying "yes" can really take guts.

    By the way, I have numbers 9, 11, and 15 in common with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I beg to differ! I think these are quite interesting things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 -- I was thinking about making risotto for dinner tonight; you just convinced me.
    #8 -- I speak the language and I've been dying to go.
    #11 -- I do too. I hate admitting it, but it's true.
    #16 -- Love those dresses, even if they don't always look good on me.
    #17 -- Me too.
    #18 -- We need more people who quote Shakespeare in this world. I know the whole of the prologue for Romeo and Juliet and all of Juliet's lines (I played the part 15 years ago -- OHMYGOLLY, I just realized that was 15 years ago!!)
    #19 -- My boyfriend and I have taken Argentine Tango lessons together. It's SO much fun. I can't wait until he moves out here so we can start up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a yoda too!! He's so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete