Wednesday 20 January 2010

A Squashed Frog, Was It?


Yes, that's right. A squashed frog. I had a squashed frog. I was asked if I would like one and, as might be expected, I said 'yes'. It sounds little gross, right?

Well, let me explain. I didn't actually eat a squashed frog; I drank one. Okay, that still sounds pretty gross. It wasn't technically an actual squashed frog. It was a shot (I'm sure you're all relieved now). I'm not quite sure what was in the shot, but it was a shot of some kind. This just goes to show my extreme lack of knowledge about alcoholic drinks.

This was all part of a night out for my friend Martin's twenty-first birthday (this is one of the things I originally said 'yes' to). We were all in some form of fancy dress based around the theme of 'French'. Most dressed as mimes, faces all done up - they looked really good. I was just in blue and white, with a dash of red. Keeping up with the French flag and all. I remember saying that I hadn't said 'yes' to anything, so right on cue, Naomi (another friend) invited me to her twenty-first night out. I, of course, responded in the affirmative. The theme for this is circus, or cirque du soleil. I popped out into town yesterday to kit myself out. I will be an acrobat - or something vaguely like that. I have leotard, bright blue tights, and a tutu skirt. I fell in love with the tutu skirt thing, and could not resist buying it. It's a shame that I can't do acrobatics anymore - my limit is the splits on my right side - not that I would ever do acrobatics on a night out anyway. I might look a bit weird.

I was very disappointed with myself after my trip to town. I had a brilliant opportunity to say 'yes' to a free tour of Fitness First, and I didn't. Now, clearly, I am not someone who goes to the gym, or ever has done. So, even if I had said 'yes' it would have been very strange, but I still felt very disappointed with myself.

Today I tried out The Long Poem reading group run by a member of staff in my university department. We read the opening chunk of Tennyson's In Memoriam A.H.H. If you've read the poem, you'll know it's major topic is grief/grieving. Not exactly the most uplifting of literary texts. Still, with tea and biscuits and a bit of a literature-based natter, it was good fun. It's lovely to just read something in the company of others who are interested in literature, and without needing to analyse it in detail. Poetry can work wonders!

Aside from saying 'yes' to a cup of tea and biscuits, I've not really had any opportunities in the past couple of days. It's a little disappointing, but I'm on the alert for when the opportunity arises. Positive thinking! Definitely the way to go.

Much love for now.
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I could have said yes to a squashed frong! lol

    ReplyDelete