Friday 8 January 2010

Time for Tea


That's right - time for tea. The first time in approximately ten years. I can hardly believe it's been that long since I last drank it. I'm not even sure of the reason for me not drinking it. I think I just got into the habit of saying 'no'. But today was different. When asked if I would like a cup, I hesitated before realising that this was a brilliant opportunity to say 'yes'. And so I did. I said 'yes'. That wonderful three letter word. And next thing I had a cup of tea placed in front of me. I sipped it - I wasn't too sure about it, so I added a bit of sugar, and......I realised there and then what I'd been missing for so many years! Maybe now I'll become one of those obssessive tea drinkers.


And if saying 'yes' once hadn't been enough, another opportunity arose which I very nearly missed. Thinking I should check what had been going on during the start of the tennis year, I decided to have a peek at the ATP tennis website. Just as I hit enter and the website loaded, there, on the screen, appeared A BOX. Yes, that's right A BOX. A BOX asking me if I could spare a few minutes to answer some questions about my experience on the website. And the most fantastic thing was: there were TWO BUTTONS. One for YES and one for NO. Now, naturally I moved the cursor over the no button, ready to do what I usually would do: click no. But then I stopped, and moved the cursor over the yes. And clicked YES! I actually got excited about this, which may seem very worrying. But it was just such a different experience for me clicking YES, I could not help but be a little excited. The questions, as it turns out, were relatively uninteresting, but still I smiled, knowing I had clicked YES.


Sadly, I then missed a final 'yes' moment. Perhaps it was a good job I missed it too. Out with friends, I went to the bar to get some food and a drink - a glass of coke. The bartender asked me if I would like ice, and considering it was so bloody cold inside the restaurant I automatically said 'no'. My friend kindly pointed out to me what I'd done. I was disappointed, but only mildly so.


Much love

xxx

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Yes Man. It's so neat you're doing a similar thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest! I love that because you took a chance on 'yes' you found your love for tea! Thats kinda neat! I may have to have a 'yes' day some time soon! I hope you are having a lovely saturday! xo, KA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for saying yes and loving it. I love the look our your blog. It looks awsome. Especially the panda bears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have discovered the wonder of tea, I hope you never go back. There is so much tea to drunk in the world. I've always got about 5 types in my cupboard, friends get the question tea? and then, what kind?

    Harriet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. mamadorkiness: I just love pandas. For no particular reason.

    Harriet: Tea is a brilliant drink. I think my favourite kind is Moroccan mint tea, but fairtrade normal tea is great too - and I feel like I'm doing something good!

    ReplyDelete